What are the types of thyroid cancer?
- Papillary thyroid cancers are almost 90% of the thyroid cancers found today
- This type of cancer is the main type of cancer discussed on this website.
- People can have this kind of cancer and never know they have it. They are often found in people who died of other causes
- Today, papillary thyroid cancers are often found on imaging studies done for other reasons.
- If the cancers are small, not located near vital structures, and are not causing symptoms, some studies show it can be ok to monitor them rather than remove them right away.
- Follicular, Medullary, and Anaplastic Cancers
- These three types of cancer will not be discussed on this site but click here for more information.